SAKOM's Board of Directors held its online meeting on March 28, opening another season for accepting new scholarship holders.
Within the scope of its scholarship program, SAKOM currently supports 34 students from various faculties at the Universities of Belgrade and Novi Sad. As a result, seven new candidates have been granted scholarships, and four existing scholarship holders have been granted extensions.
Listed below are the seven new SAKOM scholarship holders who received, in addition to the scholarship, a SAMSUNG tablet as a gift:
1. Anđela Ruvidić, a first-year full-time student at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Novi Sad, study program: Integrated Academic Studies in Pharmacy;
2. Ana Ćirić, a first-year full-time student at the Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, Department of Biology and Ecology;
3. Katarina Metikoš, a first-year full-time student at the Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade;
4. Marija Radovanović, a second-year full-time student at the Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, module: Turkish language, literature, culture;
5. Katarina Miletić, a fourth-year full-time student at the Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, module: Turkish language, literature, culture;
6. Uglješa Vučinić, a first-year full-time student at the Academy of Applied Studies in Belgrade, Course: Professional Sanitary-Ecological Engineer;
7. Živko Matić, a first-year full-time student at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade;
Four students were recommended by the City Administration of Šabac out of the seven mentioned - Ana Ćirić, Katarina Metikoš, and Živko Matić.
In addition, we are pleased that the scholarship was extended for another year to those who have demonstrated that the scholarship not only assists them, but also motivates them to continue their studies, work on self-improvement, and become responsible members of society. Scholarship holders whose scholarship was extended are:
1. Maša Vučetić, a second-year full-time student at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade;
2. Petar Isaković, a second-year full-time student at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade;
3. Jelisaveta Isaković, a fourth-year full-time student at the Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade;
4. Uroš Pantelić, a second-year full-time regular student at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade.
Additionally, this meeting of the Board of Directors was noteworthy as a very important decision was made concerning the donation of funds of 3,000.00 euros in dinars to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Club VIN, which is launching a special group for visually impaired individuals in collaboration with the Kukolj Judo Club. Their mission is to enable people with impaired vision to participate in useful physical activity, to socialize through sports, and to enhance their psychophysical development and quality of life through this project.
It should be noted that the sports association VIN provided our scholarship holders with free jiu-jitsu training at their club. It is a great honor and pleasure for SAKOM to be able to support the noble and socially responsible endeavors of these sports associations.
During the online meeting of the Board of Directors of the Serbian-Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce "SAKOM" held on April 11, 2023, our scholarship holder Milan Savić from Zemanica, Leposavić municipality, a third-year student at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade, got his scholarship extended for another year.
Additionally, the SAKOM Board approved two applications for membership submitted by M D B Gradnja d.o.o. Belgrade and Licej-Tehnikum d.o.o. Belgrade.
With the addition of the aforementioned companies to SAKOM's membership, the number of members has increased from 25 to 27.